More than 40 years ago Jean-Pierre Barral and Paul Mercier started a new modality of manual therapy, called VISCERAL MANIPULATION. They were able to give new dimensions to an approach which already had its roots in the work of the pioneers of osteopathy, in the practices of early bonesetters and in methods that healers of various cultures had developed over a long period of time. Barral has published several VISCERAL, NEURAL and VASCULAR MANIPULATION books and now expands on these concepts and original techniques. This DVD introduces new ways of how to work with organs so that these interventions also effect the neuroendocrine regulation of the digestive system.
Barral introduces each technique with genuine anatomical drawings. The anatomical introductions and conceptual explanations are followed by a practical demonstration of each treatment.
An innovative approach is presented in theory and practice. The three DVDs describe the neuroendocrine effects of Visceral Manipulation in relation to the following organs and related anatomical structures:
- the peritoneum and the greater omentum ,
- the diaphragm,
- the stomach, duodenum, liver, gallbladder and pancreas,
- the small intestine and colon,
- the osteopathic approach to high blood pressure via manual treatment of the vagus nerve.
The DVD shows a full spectrum of manual diagnostics and treatment of:
- the dorsal spine and the costovetebral joint,
- the various ligaments related to the heads of the ribs,
- the costotransverse and superior costotransverse ligament,
- the posterior angle of the ribs and the levator costarum muscles,
- the lateral angle of the ribs, internal and external intercostal muscles,
- the costal arch,
- the chondrocostal joint , the chondrosternal joint and the sternosternal joint,
- the brachial plexus related to the clavicle.