This DVD about the manual treatment of the vertebral spine focuses on the lumbar spine and the pelvis. The techniques shown by Jean-Pierre Barral are based on the teamwork with Alain Croibier. The underlying philosophy may be best characterized by Barral’s advice to respect the integrity of the individual organism and to include all the components of the body into a quite detailed mode of evaluation and treatment.
More than 40 years of clinical practice have led to this innovative, holistic approach on the: muscles, ligaments, capsule & labrum synovial fluid inside the capsule, arteries & veins, nerves, connections with the organs.
The DVD shows a full spectrum of the lumbar spine and the pelvis by demonstrating innovative interventions for:
- the skin and the dorsal nerves
- the facet joints and intervertebral disks of the lumbar spine
- the dorsal (posterior) lumbar ligament
- the disk’s viscoelasticity
- the intertransversal ligaments
- the various ligaments within the lumbar spine and the pelvis
- the lateral ligaments of the sacrococcygeal area
- the first coccygeal nerve
- the lumbar, renal, hemiazygos and azygos vein via the left kidney
- the posturo-emotional connections
This 60-minute DVD includes anatomy, physiology, theory and treatment in a very clear and concise manner to make it user friendly for all manual therapists.